Thursday, March 10, 2011

Joe + Tiffany. A Proposal Story.

Do you have a tissue nearby? This sweet proposal just may make you tear up a little ;)

Joe and my husband, Jonathan, were roommates during college. In fact, Joe and Tiffany started dating soon after Jonathan and I. I would like to say that I secretly always knew Joe and Tiffany would end up engaged and happily married... he was so obviously enamored with her! Joe called me up a few weeks ago to see if I would possibly be available to shoot "something" on March 7th. "Something" being code for "I'm going to ask her to marry me". I was so excited for both of them! Joe already had a plan laid out and though there were a few hiccups along the way, namely the selected restaurant being closed and Tiffany wanting to change plans to go see her friend on Monday, everything worked out perfectly. After dinner Joe suggested that they take a walk through Center City Park downtown where, unknown to Tiffany, Jonathan and I were hiding in the bushes waiting to capture her reaction and answer to the big question...

We weren't exactly sure where Joe would drop down to his knee so we were positioned in different places to make sure we caught the action.

001

002

Of course the answer was yes...

003

004

When Joe first called me a few weeks back, he wasn't sure if Tiffany would want to be photographed during this intimate moment but I'm glad he decided to go with it anyway. I hope she can always look back on these photos and remember that amazing feeling when the love of your life says he wants to keep you forever :) (Yes, I know I'm getting sappy here. I can't help it!)

005

She was a little embarrassed but mostly giddy...

006

007

008

009

010

011

I think Joe was a little giddy too...

012

013

Joe did a little reenactment for us so we could hear the whole speech...

014

015

016

After a few shots in the park, Joe and Tiffany left to head to Tiffany's house. This is where the second surprise happened...

017

We also headed to Tiffany's house where a bunch of her friends were gathered under the impression that they were throwing a surprise party in honor of her acceptance into a program in Africa.

018

019

020

021

But the real surprise was revealed after only a few minutes.

022

023

024

025

026

Joe did a good job, didn't he?

027

028

Joe and Tiffany, we love you guys so much!

1 comment:

Jessica Massey Benton Lobdell said...

This made me cry... so lovely! I wish a happily ever after life for you guys Joe and Tiffany. :)