Monday, November 22, 2010

Rachel + Steve. Burlington, NC Wedding.

Rachel and Steve tied the knot at Rachel's home church in Burlington, NC on a super beautiful, but pretty chilly, Saturday afternoon. I love the venue! Liberty Church has the feel of an old farmhouse and is surrounded by beautiful property, perfect for shooting :)

This wedding was definitely a first for me... I was playing Matron of Honor and photographer and was definitely nervous about how everything was going to work out, but I had Leah Adams shooting with me to capture all the moments that I was busy being a part of and everything went smoothly :)

The details : :
Venue : Liberty Church Burlington, NC
Bride's Hair/Makeup : Jenny Coats
Donuts : Paul's Donuts



I love this shot of the church Leah got when she arrived.

001

002

Rachel gave these little fortune cookie boxes to all her bridesmaids that contained our earrings for the day. So cute!

003

004

005

While I was shooting the girls getting ready, Leah shot the rings.

006

Rachel went barefoot for the wedding so she couldn't put a sixpence in her shoe... I love that she put it on an anklet and wore it that way!

007

008

While the girls were doing makeup, Leah and I went to hang out with the boys for a little bit.

009

010

011

I love when the bride writes a card for her groom before they meet at the altar. Steve couldn't stop smiling!

012

I just couldn't resist doing a group shot at this desk before we headed back downstairs ;)

013

014

015

016

017

This shot of Rachel and her dad almost makes me cry! Rachel's family is super close so I know this was an emotional day for everyone.

018

019

020

The bride... seriously glowing.

021

And all her girls! We're definitely huddling for warmth in this photo.

022

One more time check before Steve gets his boutonniere pinned.

023

Isn't this field amazing?

024

025

This is definitely my favorite shot of the guys. Steve looks like he just walked out of a magazine!

026

Ceremony time! Leah shot the whole ceremony and did a great job with very little room to move around.

027

I love when brides choose to wear a blusher. I think it's so romantic for the groom to have to lift the veil before they kiss!

028

029

After the quick ceremony, Rachel and Steve asked some close friends and family to pray over their new relationship. I know this moment meant a lot to them.

030

Rachel's family is from Hawaii so they incorporated a lot of Hawaiian decor and traditions into the wedding. After the recessional, Steve presented Rachel with leis to symbolize their new relationship as husband and wife.

031

032

After all the formal photos, we took Rachel and Steve back to this gorgeous field to catch the last of the sunset.

033

034

035

036

037

038

039

I had to shoot a few photos of Steve alone. He just looked so handsome!

040

041

042

043

I love that Rachel and Steve didn't go with the tradition of having a huge wedding cake.... that's just not how they are! And I'm pretty sure none of the guests were disappointed. These donuts were so delicious!

044

045

046

047

048

This crowd loves to dance. There was so much energy on the dance floor!

049

050

I love this cake-smashing series. Rachel definitely got a better shot.

051

The grand exit was so much fun. There was so much confetti flying around!

052

Steve got his own large dose of confetti when he ran to the drivers side.

053

Steve and Rachel, you know I love you! It was a total honor to help shoot your wedding and stand with you during the ceremony. I know you'll have a long life of happiness!

2 comments:

Marie Janssen said...

GREAT pictures, Alexa (and Leah)! Just beautiful...

Judy Rozema said...

LOVE these and am excited to see them all! Thank you for capturing their joyful exuberance!