Friday, April 8, 2011

A little longer . . .

Well, I was hoping my next blog post would be telling you all to head over to check out my new website and blog but that's not happening. Through a series of problems with my hosting site and server, I wasn't able to reveal the website right when it was ready. That's ok, no big deal. But then, when I thought everything was ready to go and went through the process of updating the website to go live . . . everything disappeared. Yes, everything. I started back at square 1 with a blank template. Yes, I cried. I've been working on this for a couple of months now picking photos, colors, working on a new logo (which you'll love, by the way), and making sure everything fit together perfectly.

:(

I'm hoping that somehow I'll be able to get all that information back but in the meantime I'm trying to reconstruct everything myself. You may remember that my computer's hard drive crashed about a month ago and, while I had all of my clients' photos backed up on my external hard drive, I hadn't backed up my website galleries yet. I'll be going back through all of my archives again, retouching again, and resizing again.

I'm trying to finish by Sunday so I can reveal before Brides on Tour . I'll keep you updated but in the meantime feel free to leave encouraging comments and/or stories of when you've worked on something forever and it was erased. That may make me feel better ;)

P.S. Brides on Tour tickets are half price today! Click over to the website to read all about this new style of bridal show and grab your tickets now!

And because posts aren't fun without photos, here's one of my dog that cracks me up.

IMG_2293

2 comments:

Leigh @ Leigh Pearce Weddings said...

Alexa I'm soooo sorry that happened! I did that once with my blog so I know how devastating it is to lose all your hard work, time, blood, sweat, and tears. Keep your chin up because, in the future, this will be a great story to share about your determination and perseverance. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at Brides on Tour!!

givinittogod247 said...

Such a bummer that all your hard work disappeared Alexa. I'm sorry :( I know it's all going to look awesome when everything is up and running though, so you just keep at it!